Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Day To Remember

With my dear English professor Andreja from my home university

I like surprises!
That is why I was so happy when I found out that my English professor from my home university will come to Harnosand. So my dear professor Andreja Kovačić came to Sweden for a week as a part of her Erasmus program for teachers and of course we needed to see each other. After busy week and lectures we finally met in Sundsvall and spent the amazing Saturday.

Well known spot for taking pictures
A fantastic thing was that professor Andreja also like taking pictures just like me so we made a lot of great photos to remember this day and moments forever. ;)

In Kulturmagasinet
We first went to "Kulturmagasinet" which is a huge building (actually few buildings on three floors if I remember good) and each of them is connected by charming bridges. I think they like building bridges in Sweden because I have already seen so many of them at my university and in the town. 
I love it!  
"Kulturmagasinet" is the city library and the museum at the same time. It is really nice and comfortable inside. I will put one photo of professor Andreja in front of the blackboard and with chalk (I hope she doesn`t mind :)). It seems that those scenes in Sweden schools became a past of memory since they have it in museum (Swedish people, feel free to correct me if I am wrong). We still use them in Croatian schools though.


A blackboard and a chalk
We enjoyed in the city library, too. It is very carefully decorated and it is very cosy in there.

Speaking about library I think this is the right time to show you some pictures from Mid Sweden Library (I have already told you that I was amazed by it in those first posts I wrote). 

Repetitio est matter studiorum
Yeahh, I like books and spending my time in libraries. Maybe I should stay and live in them during the real winter here in Sundsvall (-30 degree gives me the creeps brrr) since you (almost) have everything you need in there :D.

Here are the pictures from the Mid Sweden Library. Enjoy!


"The view"
Let`s find Croatia!?
Wohoo - Zagreb ;)
Third floor I think
"The view" from another perspective
Cosy place
Everything you need is here
"The view" from bird view
Look at this!
We also visited Tourist Information center in Sundsvall. Tourist employee was so kind and told us a little story about Sundsvall history, about the fire, the dragons and about famous Swedish people using cool multimedia (pictures, videos, QR codes). It was really interesting! Although Marino and I heard it before we were happy to restore the memory from the last few weeks when we had tour the town organized by Student Union.

The story about Sundsvall history
Famous Swedish people with QR codes on the bottom - impressive!
After visiting "Kulturmagasinet", Tourist Information center, Mid Sweden Uni and its Library we went to our apartment in Nacksta and had lunch.


Going to Nacksta using shortcut ;)
How often you have a chance to cook for your professor?
After lunch we went to town and continued our little tour the Sundsvall. We were discussing so many things and recalled the past memories. (What a coincidence that my first presentation at my home Uni at my first year of study was a presentation from English lesson whose lecturer was professor Andreja. I told her how nervous I was at that time and that I actually prepared that Power Point a week before the deadline and was practicing in front of my mirror and roommate (Greetings from Sundsvall Alenka :)) And the funny thing is that I never thought I would tell my professor this because I wanted to stay "cool" :D. 
Under the birch
After sightseeing and walking we decided to go on FIKA (prof. Andreja`s first association on this word was COFFEE - really it is similar and means almost the same).
Of course we went to FIKA
I also got my loooong network cable from CIP guys from FOI (thank you Gašo!) but it turned out that our second wall plugin for the internet doesn`t work properly. You can not have everything, right! :P But we will figure it out somehow (dear Mitthem service you have to come to our apartment ASAP).
Time to leave
Dear professor Andreja thank you for your visit, for FIKA and your nice words and advices! 
I really enjoyed a lot and this was definitely a day to remember. 
Take care and have a safe journey to our warm Croatia! ;)

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment