Sunday, September 2, 2012

Prison break

Hey there. :)

So why prison break?

Party at the Student Union House Karhuset
On Friday and on Saturday all international students (and Swedish as well) were dancing and partying at the Student Union House called "Karhuset". That place used to be the prison so at the same time it was weird and cool. You can see part of the atmosphere in the pictures below.

Partying scene 1
Partying scene 2
And we were in another cool place called Forradet. We were having barbeque there. Honestly it was good but I expected more kinds of meat and not just sausages which seems to be the meal number one in Sweden so far. You can buy them everywhere. Croatian barbeque is better! Na-na-na! :D

Left Croatian - right Swedish. You see the difference?! :)
And speaking of food, many people already told us not to expect too much of Swedish cuisine, especially those who are coming from Mediterranean countries (like I am). But we will cook by ourselves. 

Delicious home soup :D
During our Introduction Days we also met the "Generals". They are like leaders of the activies organized by the student organizations. Well, they are really special and all of them have different uniforms like purple helmets, some working outfits, black sunglasses, cowboy hats, etc.

The president (first guy on the picture looking from left) and vice president (the girl) of the Student Union
The Generals
Generals also gave us green bracelets which represent some kind of code or trademark for students so we can go in Forradet and in Karhuset for free.
The thing is that we are supposed to have them for 2 weeks which is.. hmm... it is annoying me a bit, but heey nobody is perfect :D
Now you will meet my new friends. I am bad at names so please forgive me. I haven` t memorized all the names yet.
Tommaso (Italy), then two French girls (I dont remember the names, sorry girls), Marino (Croatia), Annika (German), me and Patrick (German)


Me, Annika, Sara (Spain), Patrick, Bella (German), another German girl, Marino and one more girl from German
Clara (form Sweden) and me.

With Miriam (Germany) - girl in love with Gilmore girls and Nicholas Sparks movies like me. We have so much things in common :)
International hug ;)
Miriam (Germany), me, Michael (Germany), Natascha (Germany) and Barbara (Germany)
With Barbara (teaching assistant from Germany)

Everybody in his own movie :D
Ok, have to go now. The sun is shining, finally (after 3 days of raining and bad weather)! We have to use it. :) We are going to the lake. More about it next time. See you! ;)

P.S. I also met older woman from Sarajevo (my birth place) and she was so happy knowing we know Croatian language. The world is really so small! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment