Monday, September 10, 2012

My first official FIKA

You have to see that famous coffee for 34 sek (cca 30 kn)
Today I had my first official FIKA. It means we went to some coffee shop and had coffee and something sweet. They call it Fika in Sweden and it is pretty popular here to go to Fika very often as I understood good.

But in Sweden you can`t go to coffee shop or even in a pizza place and then just sit, make yourself comfortable and wait for the waiters to order some drink or food like for example in Croatia (at least not in those coffee shops and pizza places where I have been so far).
It seems you have to do everything by yourself here. Buffet tables are everywhere! :D

Say cheeseeee
So I enter the coffee shop:
1. took my own try,
2. took the spoon,
3. the glass,
4. ...and then pour myself a water,
5.  ...then took my coffee,
6. ... take sugar,
7.  ...pay a fortune for doing that (!) all by myself 
8. ... and then finally sat down with my friends and was able to actually drink my coffee.

I have said that I paid a fortune because if I compare my coffee here in Sweden and in Croatia (the same quality) - the difference is just unbelievable. 
In Croatia all students can get coffee for cca 7 sek (7 Swedish krunas or 6 Croatian kunas). And even if you don´t drink an ordinary coffee but for example the Chocolate Ness Cafe or Cappuccino like me, you pay for it like 12 sek. And all you have to do is come to the coffee shop, sit and order :D (ok you have to pay in the end, but that is not the point).

... and believe me I am not a lazy person. I don`t even drink a lot of coffee at my home country where it is so usual to spend a lot of time in coffee shops. I am just noticing the difference.

Good night peopleee! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment