Thursday, September 27, 2012

Visit to Härnösand



Greetings! 
I hope you are all doing great and have fulfilled days like me these day. 

Today, September 27th 2012. I had some kind of celebration because it's been a month since I came to Sweden. A month? I still can`t believe but it seems I survived the whole month here in Sundsvall despite the coldness, a little adventure in Alno island, missing the door, the Internet and broken kitchen pipe. But everything turned out well in the end and I am looking forward to my next Swedish adventures!

Sundsvall flowers
On Tuesday I finally met lovely Janet Harling, Art professor from Härnösand (in case you don`t remember, Härnösand is the second campus of Mid Sweden University). We spent such a great afternoon in Sundsvall, had fika, talked about her visit to my home University a year ago and her Croatian experience and so on. Janet is so cool! :) She even showed me where I can buy "my famous Vegeta", great mixture of spices we use in Croatia (and I am finally completely satisfied with the taste of my food :D).


Marino and I with Janet in front of our apartment 16D in Nacksta (yes, that is Vegeta in my hands :D)
Janet invited us to her home town and since we had a day off today, Marino and I decided to visit Härnösand. We were so lucky I suppose since the weather was great and sunny all day (not typical for Sweden for sure).


Welcome to Härnösand


Härnösand reminds me on Varaždin so much. It has about 25 000 people and it is situated on the island so you can see the sea (water) everywhere. 

With Keith (Janet`s lovely husband) on the top of the Härnösand

Spectacular view
Before I told you more about my art experience today, I must say that I also met Keith, Janet`s husband today. Even though we never met him before, he was so kind and nice to us and showed us Härnösand`s library and took us on the top of Härnösand (I can`t remember the name of that place) but it was such a nice panorama viewing point to the whole Härnösand. The view was amazing! And as you notice on the picture above it was pretty windy there. That is why Keith showed us the windmills (three windmills) and we actually saw them right in front of us. They are so huge and you really feel so small under it. 


One of the windmill in Härnösand
The library in Härnösand is even bigger than the one here in Sundsvall. I like it even though I find it too much noisy since there are a lot of coffee shops and restaurants there as well as people since it is not just the university library but it is also open for public and local people I guess. I will show you some pictures from there (I am sure my dear friend Jelena Jelinić would have a great time there. Hello Jelena! :) )

I think it is enough to say that you can use a lift, so much space in there!
A cosy spot! :)
The view on the entrance I think.
I also had couple of creativity hours today since Janet invited us to her art lecture. It was so FUN and like I told her I don`t remember the last time I had such fun day at school (maybe in primary school :D). I also think my sister Marta would enjoy there since she is in love in painting, drawing and all those creative work. I thought about her all the time I was there. ;)

Preparation in progress





Are you ready?
Creativity day
So we needed to draw a naked man - in silence, in group of 5-7 people we don`t know, no talking, in 4 minutes. We were allowed to laugh though :D. So I will show you our masterpiece in the beginning and in the end. More or less we were pretty satisfied!
We even met few international students from Germany, Turkey and Holland who study in Härnösand. You can see some of them on the following pictures.

Work in progress...
Naked man
Naked man with the company (the moose)
Naked man with the moose in the universe
After the lecture we spent some time in Janet`s office and really had a nice time. 

Janet in her office
Time flies when you are in good company as usual. 

Dear Janet! 
       Dear Keith! 
                    Hvala Vam! 

Thank you very much for a great day we spent in Härnösand today. You were so kind to us and those were moments to remember. 

See you soon! 
You are more than welcomed to come and visit us in Sundsvall as well as in Croatia! Maybe your next holiday you should finally come to Croatia (Istria or/and Dalmatia) instead of Greece! ;)

1 comment:

  1. It was my pleasure to have you with us in Härnösand for the day. our art lessons at the university are often fun, but this was was wilder than usual! janet

    ReplyDelete