Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rhapsody of postcards


They asked me if I am crazy to spend so much money on the postcards and stamps :D, but... I know how happy I am when I get a postcard :)

Quote of the day: "Best things happen when you don´t expect!"
This morning I was so surprised when I saw that someone (maybe a moose :) ) put the link of my blog on official FB page of the Mid Sweden University. I really, really didn´t expect and plan anything of these because blog was supposed to be the fastest way to say and to show to my family and friends how I feel about my new address in Sweden and University.
First of all I thought : "Ohh boy, now I have to be careful about what I am writing", but then a friend of mine told me to write exactly how the things work here so that she knows weather she will come her or not. Best regards, Monika! :)

So thank you, Mid Sweden Uni and thanks all of you who are reading my blog and giving me support. :)

I will also use this opportunity to say something more about my home university, Faculty of Organization and Informatics -  FOI. (Unfortunately the website is not in English and there is just Croatian version of it, at least for now.)

So, my dear FOI! :)
It is part of the University of Zagreb but it is not situated in Zagreb, Croatian capital city, but in beautiful Varaždin. Here is an interesting article in English, all about Varaždin. If you ever get a chance, come to Croatia and except enjoying in the sun and Adriatic coast, visit Varaždin. You are more than welcome! :)

The old town Varaždin

I am a graduate student now and this is my last year (I hope) at the Faculty of Organization and Informatics (at least for now). :)  
From this perspective I think I made a right choice while choosing FOI as a place where I continue my education. I met so many new and interesting people from all side of Croatia (and beyond - Hello to my friends from Bosnia and Herzegovina and from USA!) and had opportunity to participate in all kinds of activities. Of course there were hard times, hard exams, sleepless nights but in addition, FOI rulzzz! :)
For now, the only difference I see between FOI and MidSwed is that here we are supposed to call our teachers by their first name and not like at my home university where we usually call them ¨Professors¨.  It is a bit strange, but I hope to get used on it.

I also think this is a great opportunity to invite all Swedish students to my country and universities (not just in Varaždin, but in whole Croatia). Then this all exchange program between Croatia and Sweden (FOI and MidSwed) will have the true meaning of its word.

And there are also few people (professors and assistants from the MidSwed) who visited FOI last year or hosted my professors here (Hello to professor Violeta Vidaček-Hainš and professor Neven Vrček who were here in Sundsvall if I remember good!).
Those are: Ann Larsson-Dahlin, Janet Harling, Assar Hörnell, Romana Culjak, Karen Anderson, Erik Borglund and Svard Proscovia. I was googling them a bit and I think most of them work in Harnosand, the other campus of Mid Sweden Uni. Although I have already spoken with some of them by e-mail, I hope to meet them all in person this semester and to visit all three campuses that Mid Sweden Uni has.

News!!! My dear English professor, Andreja Kovačić is coming to Harnosand on Departmant of Education. I am looking forward to seeing her here. I hope we will both find a way and time to meet next week!


"Flying" to Carl Ohlson where I finally bought the appropriate uplight for my room. Noo, I wasn´t in the dark all this time, but now is much more comfortbale ;)

And yes, I forgot to mention one great thing about Swedish people which I have noticed these days. They always come on time and they are never late. It means that they respect other people´s time. I like that characteristic very much!

P.S. I am not complaining :D (or I am) but I already caught a cold here. I hope to be better tomorrow, but I need to share this with you.
Mike, my boss (ok, the BEST boss ever :) ) told me: "Well, Maja, I don't think they will put that on tourist advertisement - "Come to Sweden.  Get sick." " :D
Best regards, Mike! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment